Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Mountain News - Another Great Discovery - Sage Tea

Whenever I get a sore throat, I drink sage tea and the sore throat goes away. If I do get sick, which thankfully is very rare, I drink sage tea and make chicken soup with lots of sage. It not only helps me feel and get better but it also helps with coughs. It is my miracle cure. If anyone comes to my house with a sore throat or feeling under the weather they get a cup of sage tea with real honey and  lemon. I haven't had anyone not like it yet. One man even asked for a second cup saying it was delicious! I love the flavor. I buy my sage in bulk from a wonderful store we have here in Missoula called Butterfly Herbs. They will ship some to you if you want to buy it in bulk and not in the expensive little jars you get at the grocery store. This is better anyway. It's organic. Not expensive at all.

Sage Tea

1 tsp. of sage
tea ball or cheesecloth (optional)
honey and lemon to taste
1 tblsp. whiskey if there is a fever (optional)

Put loose sage in tea ball, wrapped in cheesecloth or just put the sage in a cup. Pour boiling water in cup and let sage steep for 5 minutes (I leave the sage in the cup while I drink the tea). If you don't have cheesecloth or a tea ball and put the sage in the cup freely, just strain it with cheescloth or a fine mesh strainer. It won't hurt you to swallow the sage. Add honey and lemon to taste. Add whiskey if there is a fever and/or you just like whiskey. :)  We use Honey Whiskey. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I am glad you turned me on to sage tea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... I just looked up their address. They need to hire someone who is internet savvy! They haven't updated their website since 1997!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Really? That's laid back Missoula for you. When I was in Texas and needed more sage, I just called them and ordered it over the phone. Easy peasy. :)

      Delete