Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mountain News - Great Discoveries - "Laurel's Kitchen Caring"

I just happened to stumble across the book called "Laurel's Kitchen Caring - Recipes for Everyday Home Caregiving" accidentally. And I'm so glad. This is the best book I've ever seen on the subject of caring for others in your home - whether they just have a cold or they are very ill. I've never had to care for anyone other than my own children and never had to care for anyone who was really sick, but since it's a distinct possibility that I may have to some day, this book caught my eye.

This book isn't just about recipes for feeding people with different types of illnesses, it is chock full of tips, advice and great ideas in helping people get better and/or caring for them and making them comfortable while they are going through their illness. The best thing about it is the whole attitude behind every single thing in the book - having a cheerful attitude while helping others, seeing it as an honor to be able to truly help another human while they are sick. I love this book. If and when I ever am called to care for anyone, I feel well-equipped indeed. Highly recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment