Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Mountain News - November 8, 2017

First of all had to show you guys what the big, fat, fluffy rolls looked like. Yes, one is already gone - about one minute after it came out of the oven. YUM ----To me, the hardest thing about the time change is getting your dogs and kids adjusted to it. Since I have to get up at 4:30 every morning, the dogs, naturally, start sticking their cold wet noses in my face at 4:00, just to, you know, let me know it's about time to get up. Now with the time change this is joyfully happening at 3:00. A.M. I love long days but that's ridiculous. Yawwwwwwwn...... ------  So even though I've been baking since I was about 16 and I'm pretty good at making all kinds of breads, sourdough bread has been my white whale. I try and try and just can't get it. Up til now. I think. I found an old Amish recipe for starter and how to keep it going. I'm going to make the bread today. We'll see how it goes. I'll let y'all know. ;) Love me some sourdough bread. ---- DEFINITELY getting water today. Hope all goes well. Sometimes it doesn't. ----  Being near the age o' menopause, my responsible doctor stuck me on estrogen even though I didn't feel it was necessary. I took it for 6 months and started having higher blood pressure. I hate synthetic estrogen or synthetic anything  or drugs at all for that matter. So I've been weaning myself off for the past few months and am now glad to report I am off. And pretty cranky. I'm normally pretty sweet and nice but take away the extra estrogen and my stars I've been crabby! Hopefully that will even out - before my husband (understandably) throws me off the mountain. :O




No comments:

Post a Comment