Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mountain News - Our Favorite Apple Crisp Recipe Made For Every Family Gathering

I can't tell you where this recipe came from because I can't remember. I've been making it for almost 30 years. If I don't make this at every family gathering, there will be a LOT of pouting. Goes great with vanilla ice cream. I always double this. It's one of the few desserts that even I have a difficult time staying out of. Yummmmmm

Apple Crisp

4 cups sliced tart apples (Granny Smith is the only one for me)
1/2 cup water
2 Tblsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white or brown sugar ( I use both)

Arrange apples in a buttered baking dish (since I always double this, I use a 13 x 9). Pour over the apples the water mixed with the lemon juice. Blend flour, sugar (again, since I double this I use 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white), cinnamon and butter with a pastry blender (if you don't have a pastry blender just use two knives and cut butter pieces until the mixture is somewhat crumbly). Place this mixture on top of apples. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm with ice cream. Warms up the next day beautifully - if it lasts that long.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment