Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Mountain News - November 7, 2017

Made the delicious rolls yesterday along with homemade chicken and wild rice soup with white wine and mushrooms. YUM. So happy when I have good bread and soup in this house, especially on cold days. :D ----- Still haven't gotten water yet. Still really cold. Supposed to warm up tomorrow to a toasty 35 degrees. So tomorrow is officially getting water day - I hope. We're getting low. ---- Had to walk down to the spring yesterday and break the ice on the top of the water in the tank and fish it out with  my bare hands. That gets painful but has to be done. There has to be a  better way to do that job. I'm thinking a net with a long handle on it.  Yeah that oughtta do it. ---- I told Butch last night that I was writing the story of our off grid life here on a blog and read the fifth chapter to him. He laughed but said, several times, "NO! You're not telling it right! That's NOT what happened! THIS is what happened!" and on and on. I tried to explain to him that I can't tell every single story and some things have to be condensed and some stories put together or the book will be 500 chapters long like 'War and Peace'. He just grumbled but then started reminding me of all these funny things that had happened that I had already forgotten. So he is now one of my official sources - ha. I told him I'd discuss it with him before I wrote a new chapter. He seemed placated by this. ;) ---- We had THE funniest conversation this morning. Our conversation went from me telling him that one of our dogs needed a rabies shot to the movie 'Old Yeller' to the movie 'Where the Red Fern Grows' to a rant from  me about how mean is it for people to make movies where the dog DIES and makes us all cry and then my eyes filled with tears and I was hoping Butch wouldn't notice but he did then he started to  laugh and I started that laughing/crying thing and we sat there and just laughed our butts off. Whew. Good start to the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment