Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Mountain News - Best Discovery of the Year

I made quite a few great discoveries this year and learned a lot but the best discovery of the year, hands down, is that I can wash clothes with VINEGAR and it WORKS. Who knew?? I use a half cup for a small to medium load and a full cup of vinegar for a full or large load. Nothing else. Although you can add baking soda if you'd like. You cannot add bleach to vinegar. It will react badly together.

Anyway, I have been washing our clothes with just vinegar now for months and my clothes are clean  and smells are gone. One of the best things about it is that since vinegar isn't sticky like clothes detergent, it actually doesn't encourage dog hair to stick to clothes. There seems to be less dog hair on our clothes which is great. We have seven dogs, five of which are Golden Retrievers, so there is a lot of dog hair.

The other good thing is that my husband's, what we thought was an allergy to the sun, seems to be gone. We thought he was allergic to the sun but since I started using vinegar, this 'allergy' seems to have disappeared. I think his skin has been reacting to the detergents.

I also clean with vinegar but that's another post.

Vinegar - cheap, easy, non-caustic, non-cancer causing, cheap, cheap, cheap. Can't believe it's been right there all this time. Who knew? Yay vinegar. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment