Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mountain News - Great Discoveries - LOVE My GE Juicer

I like to be as healthy as possible and not spend a fortune at the same time. So many 'healthy' things are so expensive so I had to search for ways to eat and drink healthy that aren't too expensive. One of the things I did was buy a GE Juicer from Walmart. It cost around $50. And even though it's not expensive or the best of the juicers out there, it does indeed juice stuff and does a pretty darn good job of it. This is one of the best things I have bought in a long time. Not only do I enjoy and crave this juice, but I swear it makes me feel better.  (And if you have chickens, they will LOVE the leftover pulp.)

I looked up what different veggies and fruits do for your body - some are good for your skin, hair and nails, some are good cancer fighters, some are good detoxers, etc... I was especially interested in helping my liver out since it's the way the body gets rid of poisons. I came up with this juice that I make every week from things that are particularly good for the liver. This juice lasts a week - I know it's better to make it every day and drink it fresh juiced but I don't have the time or inclination for that. Again, it's better than drinking sodas or sugar-packed, store-bought juices.

I juice a couple pounds of carrots, five Granny Smith Apples, 1/4th a red cabbage, a pound of celery, a few kiwis, and three large grapefruit. Sometimes I add a little beet. It's delicious and I love it. And interestingly, this doesn't spike my blood sugar. If I drank a whole glass of orange juice, I'd feel like I was in a diabetic coma or something. I can drink an entire glass of this and it doesn't bother me at all.

There is a ton of information on juicing on the web and the juicer does not have to cost a lot. If you're looking for a way to add some healthiness to your life, I highly recommend adding this to your routine. It doesn't take long, is easy and is very much worth the trouble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment