Monday, November 20, 2017

Mountain News - Great Discoveries - The Best Truly Chemical-Free Shampoo

This is one of my favorite discoveries I made this year. While I was researching how to get chemicals out of my life, shampoo kept coming up as being a particular culprit. I looked everywhere for a truly chemical-free, not-break-the-budget shampoo. I finally found one at Whole Foods called Desert Essence. It's liquid Castile Soap with Tea Tree Oil. It smells nice, works well, a little bit makes a huge lather, it cost about ten dollars for 32 oz. and lasted over ten months! I was the only one using it but still. I have used this soap for body wash and bubble bath and to wash delicate clothes in also. I LOVE THIS SOAP.

Conditioners are just as chemical laden as the shampoos so I tried Wellness Mama's suggestion to use vinegar as a rinse and that works fantastically - and no, your hair does not smell  like vinegar. I add about 1/4 cup of vinegar to a cup of water, pour it on my hair then rinse it out (I keep a measuring cup and bottle of vinegar in the shower). Makes my hair so slick and shiny and easy to brush. Love it.

When I can't get to a Whole Foods (Good Food Store here in Missoula), Walmart does have some good, mostly chemical-free shampoos too. These two shampoos have Tocopherol in them and the jury is still out on whether this is a chemical we should avoid or not. They are called Equate Pure Castile Soap with Peppermint and Nature's Gate Lavender Peony Shampoo. Both are good and not expensive at all.  So glad I found these! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment