Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Mountain News Great Discoveries - Making Your House Smell Soooo Nice

I like for my house to smell really good. I used candles, Febreeze and Plug Ins for years but then I stumbled across the most wonderful thing that works so well. I've been using it for over 25 years and it's my favorite way to make my house smell lovely. It works so well in fact, that you have to use it for short stretches of time or you'll choke everybody out.

What is it you ask? It's called an Effusion Lamp. I read somewhere that the French invented it (of courses they did!) to use in hospitals to make them smell nice. It burns alcohol and an oil-based scent and if I'm not mistaken is safer than candles and Plug Ins.

I bought mine over 25 years ago and although I have had to buy a couple new burner wicks in that time, it is still going strong. The glass bottles are really beautiful and come in all colors. The brand I use is La Tee Da Fragrance and they have many different fragrances.

You light it and then blow it out and the scent fills your house. Because it's oil based, the scent lingers for days. You don't have to use it every day. I can usually leave it burning for only an hour or so or it gets too heavy. This really works well. I love it. It's my favorite. The initial expense isn't much, the fragrances last forever and are also  inexpensive.  Very well worth the cost. Highly recommend!


1 comment:

  1. I looked them up on Amazon. They are beautiful and inexpensive. I will have to order one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete