Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Mountain News Recipes - For The Biscuit-Making-Impaired

I am biscuit-making-challenged. There I said. It's out in the open. I am from the South and have been cooking all my life and I make terrrrrrible biscuits. It's true. Sigh.... A real bummer for me for a long time because I LOOOOVE biscuits. I stumbled across this recipe somewhere - probably one of the Southern magazines - and although I don't like the name because it sounds kind of gross - they are FABULOUS and EASY and quick and taste wonderful. And there's no kneading! Throw out all your other biscuit recipes. This is The One. Makes 12 biscuits.

Mama's Mayonnaise Biscuits     (Don't mind the name!)

2 cups self-rising flour (see *note if you don't have any self-rising flour)
3 Tblsp. mayonnaise
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using PAM or your favorite oil, grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Combine the flour, mayo, milk and sugar in a bowl. Spoon dough into each muffin cup. (Or you could drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.) Bake until golden brown, about 15 - 20 minutes. Totally enjoy. :)

* - If you don't have any self-rising flour just add to each cup of all-purpose flour,          1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt. So for this recipe you'll use 2 cups all-purpose flour and add 1 tsp. of salt and 3 tsp. baking powder. That's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment