Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Mountain News - Great Discoveries - Arnica Liniment

Being 53 and still having to work physically semi-hard up here on the ole mountaintop, I sometimes get a sore back. I also have an overuse injury from splitting wood like tennis elbow but I guess it's wood elbow. It hurts. I take Advil every now and then as an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever but have been reading some scary things about over the counter pain relievers lately. So again the quest for natural pain relievers and anti-inflammatories commenced.

At our Good Food Store in Missoula - the equivalent of a Whole Foods - I found something I really like called "Arnica Liniment - Soothing relief for muscle aches and pains" made by The Super Salve Co. It has arnica flower extract, grain alcohol, pure mountain rain water, menthol wintergreen, camphor, cinnamon, cayenne, clove and ginger in it. I am here to tell you that it works, like a charm in fact. I put it on my elbow after a hard day's work splitting wood, or on my back after a hard day's work in general and they do feel better. It's not a cure but it does help with the pain and seems to help with the inflammation. No aspirin or chemicals or over the counter pain relievers in it, just all natural pure ingredients. And it doesn't smell bad either. It lasts forever and is not expensive. One of my favies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment