Sunday, November 5, 2017

 Mountain News - November 5, 2017

Snowing today. Husband out plowing. Supposed to snow 2-4 more inches tonight. I guess winter is here! ---- Since we have colder weather coming in the next couple of days, I'm trying to figure out if I should go get water today(from our spring) or wait until it 'warms'  up on Wednesday. I don't need water yet - we have about 75 gallons - but I don't like waiting until the last minute either in case there are problems. Hmmm..... do I go ahead and do laundry and go get water today after husband has plowed the road to the spring? Or do I wait? Hmmm..... Can't decide. ----- Otherwise making my yummy rolls, writing, walking dogs, taking a rest day since it's Sunday. Sigh..... :)  ----- Butch and I had a funny conversation yesterday. He had to 'borrow' my oil - the oil I keep in the garage for the generator and the water pumps - taking it down to the barn and filling his welder. I said, "You better bring it  back." Then he told me he also borrowed my little plastic, flexible tube that is a funnel. I again said, "You better bring it back. It's mine. I bought it." Then we argued for ten minutes about who bought it, even threatening to get out receipts to  prove it. It cost about a dollar. You see, he 'borrows' things and doesn't bring them back or he mislays them, or he uses stuff all up and doesn't tell me, then I don't have any when I need it. So I have to keep a close eye on 'my' stuff. Stinker. ---- Also have to decide which day to go to town this week. In sore need of groceries and dog food. Do I go tomorrow after it's snowed and it's easier for me to drive in the snow? Or do I go after its 'warmed' up and have to deal with the possiblity of ice and a terrrifying slidey trip ten miles down the mountain? Hmmm..... So many decisions to make. Think I'll go eat lunch. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment