Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mountain News - November 15, 2017

Instead of spring cleaning, for some reason I have jumped into winter cleaning. I've been organizing, cleaning out closets, getting rid of stuff, even cleaning windows! And I haven't been miserable! I usually really don't like housework. I like a clean house mind you, I just don't like having to do it. Just have a little bit left to go and I'll be done. Feels sooooooo good. :) ---- I made the 2nd try at sourdough bread last week. I made sourdough cinnamon rolls with half the dough and a loaf of bread with the other half. The cinnamon rolls are pretty good, The bread, although light and airy and has a wonderful, perfect texture is so bland I can't make myself eat it. The dogs are enjoying it though. So in a way, that recipe for sourdough didn't pass muster. Going to try another one. Hopefully the third time's the charm! ----  It's been pretty chilly so I'm having to go down to the spring every day and break the ice on top of the water in the tank. The dogs love eating the ice I throw out so it's worth it. ;) ---- I have a cousin who lives in Kansas who teaches third grade. She and her class called me yesterday and as a class project asked all kinds of questions about living in the mountains and off grid living. It was so fun! They had great questions. They were all so cute. They all said hi and bye in chorus. I love kids. <3 ---- I think it might be time to clean out the stove pipes again. Ugh. I think I'll keep that to myself. Very dirty job. Maybe all the soot will just go away. Denial and pretending -  my favorite reactions to  jobs that need to be done. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment