Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mountain News - November 9, 2017

Well I finally did it. I went and got water yesterday. Yay! Now I can stop talking about it. ha All went well thankfully. The temperature was 25 degrees which wasn't too bad. When the temps are below freezing there can be no dawdling when you're getting water. Hoses and fittings start freezing up and that makes problems. But 25 isn't too bad. I got it done. Woo hoo. I now have water for the week. :) ---- Every year about this time I get the house 'winterized'. It can get pretty cold up here so we do some things to help keep the house warmer. I put rugs down, hang up these pretty (SO not) canvas curtains behind our regular pretty curtains to keep out the cold, shut off a few rooms also with the aforementioned 'pretty' canvas (some of our rooms don't have doors on them yet), etc.... The rug I put in the living room is BIG and heavy and hard to drag down the stairs. So the dogs are oh so helpful and step on it and ride it all the way down just to help Mom. Thanks guys! ---- It's bath day! Wait. Did I say that out loud? Shoot. Ok, here's the deal, with our water situation being one of CONSERVATION (because I don't want to have to go get water more than once a week), we don't bathe every day. I know. Kinda gross but it's the way it is. No big deal. I won't tell you how often (or not) bath day is, but suffice it to say it's bath day! and I'm glad. I like being clean. ;) -----  

Getting water :)


No comments:

Post a Comment