Monday, November 6, 2017

Mountain News - November 6, 2017

Well I didn't make the rolls yesterday. I was having such a great day doing nothing, that nothing got done. Love those rest days. :) ---- I am making the rolls today however. They're big and fat and soft and fluffy and yeasty and very yummy and impossible to screw up which is one reason I like them.  Recipe to follow. ----- I also didn't go get water yesterday. Hubby didn't get that road plowed until too late for me to do it. When it's 15 degrees outside, it makes it difficult to get water. Everything freezes up on you before you get done. Plus you have the added benefit of your hands freezing to everything metal. Ouch. ----- Cold this morning too. A frosty 8 degrees. So.... we'll see if today turns out to be a getting water day. Luckily I still have plenty. ---- So Butch - the man of the house - and I had my all-time favorite conversation again last night. And it goes like this:

Butch - Out of the blue asks me, "Who's that guy?"
Me - I look around and since it's just him and me here, I say, "What guy?"
Butch - "You know, that guy with blonde or brown hair."
Me - Sigh.... here we go again. "Um yeah, you're going to have to help me out here."
Butch - "You know! That guy in that movie!"
Me -  "Honey, what movie?"
Butch - Bigger sigh, "You know. That movie with the tank."
Me - Seriously? "With a tank?? Are you kidding? Do you know how many war movies we've seen? Come onnnn."
Butch - Scowling, "You do too know. You're just being difficult."
Me - Now I'm laughing. "I swear I don't know! Just give me a little more information ok?"
Butch - "SIGH!" Big eye roll. "You know. The one where the guy gets his face blown off?"
Me - I think a minute and say, "Ok. 'Fury' with Brad Pitt?"
Butch - "Yeah that's the guy!"
Me - "Ok so what about him?"
Butch - Pauses. "I forget."
Me - SIGH!!

This conversation takes place at least once a week. I kid you not. It has caused me to have the patience of Job, I swear. Gotta love him! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment